Guidelines and Rules for all Vendors/Exhibitors
There are four categories of vendors and exhibitors at SLC VegFest: non-profit exhibitors, commercial exhibitors, prepared food vendors, and restaurant vendors. All SLC VegFest vendors and exhibitors are required to review and sign an exhibitor contract as a pre-condition of participating in SLC VegFest. Many of the contractual requirements, especially those for food vendors, simply reflect local fire, safety, and health regulations, as well as the requirements placed on the festival organizers by the city. Below are most of the stipulations contained in this contract.
- All exhibitors are required to pay a $150 refundable deposit in addition to booth fee to secure their place at the event. Payment is due by July 30th, and will be refunded the week after the event, as long as the following conditions were all satisfied:
- Booth must be set up and ready by 11:30am on September 9th.
- Booth must stay up until closing time at 8:00pm on September 9th. Should you run out of product, we still expect you to stay at your booth and talk about your business with any customers.
- Your exhibit space was left in the same condition as when you arrived. Restaurants using oil should protect the ground with cardboard or other barriers so you do not stain the surface.
- All items sold, sampled, and otherwise distributed at SLC VegFest must be vegan (no meat, eggs, dairy, fish, honey, whey, isinglass, wool, leather, shells, or any other animal-derived products).
- All products must be cruelty-free (not tested on animals).
- Literature or other promotional materials at the event may not include recipes, suggestions, or references to using animal-derived ingredients and/or products. In addition, promotion of events or services that include the abuse or exploitation of animals (circuses, rodeos, zoos, etc.) is also prohibited.
- SLC VegFest reserves the right to exclude any items that are inappropriate. If you have inappropriate products at your booth, SLC VegFest volunteers will ask you remove them immediately.
- If you have any questions about any of the above “vegan” requirements, please get in touch with the SLC VegFest organizers.
- Not all booth spaces include access to electricity. All electricity or generator use must be pre-arranged.
- All waste must be placed in appropriate containers, and entire booth space must be clean at the end of the event. Failure to clean the area may result in not getting a refund of the full $150 deposit.
- Music, recordings, or other audio must not interfere with neighboring booths.
- Exhibitors are responsible for setting up their booths and may not drive on library pavers.
- Exhibitors selling products must complete a Temporary Sales Tax License and Special Return from the Utah State Tax Commission. Paperwork will be provided the morning of the event.
- Exhibitors are not allowed to sell or distribute alcoholic beverages.
- Stickers and confetti are not allowed.
- All exhibitors agree to give permission for UARC and SLC VegFest volunteers to take and publish photos and videos during the event of staff, volunteers, and displays.
- SLC VegFest will happen rain or shine! Should extreme weather or any other unpredictable event outside of the organizer’s control prevent the holding of the festival, SLC VegFest is in no way liable to exhibitors.
- All booth payments to UARC are due by July 30th and are non-refundable (except deposit fee).
- In order to make the event as green as possible, all plates, utensils, and other containers for serving food and samples must be recyclable or compostable.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to sell bottled water. Free water stations will be available throughout the event.
- Exhibitors must be completely set up by 11:30am.
- Every exhibitor is provided a 10ft x 10ft area, one table, and two chairs. Additional tables available with $20 fee.
- Booths must stay up and staffed for the entirety of the event.
- Exhibitors are responsible for setting up and breaking down their exhibits.
- As most booth space will be on cement, exhibitors bringing their own tent/canopy are required to secure it with proper weights (water weights, cement blocks, etc.) for the safety of all attendees. No staking allowed.
- Exhibits/booths are required to stay within their 10ft x 10ft area.
- Table sharing with other businesses is not allowed.
- SLC VegFest will assign location space at our own discretion.
- Exhibitors are responsible for their property and equipment. Neither UARC, Library Square, or any other organizing party is responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to exhibitor property on the grounds at any time.
- Exhibitors can start breaking down at 8:00pm.
- All exhibitors are encouraged to promote SLC VegFest on their websites, newsletter, e-blasts, and other methods as appropriate.
- Exhibitors must have easily visible signage that identifies the organization/business for their booth.